Micro Low Power Laser Materials Processing
- Microelectronics processing: seminconductors, flat panel displays, printed circuit boards, solar cells, fiber optic devices, etc.
- Other low power laser materials processing: marking, precision cutting, precision welding, additive manufacturing, non-metal cutting, plastics welding, cleaning, soldering, etc.
- Report published August 2018
- Number of pages: 190
The Optech Consulting market report MICRO AND LOW POWER LASER MATERIALS PROCESSING covers lasers with an average power of 1kW and below, as well as the laser systems using these lasers. Years covered: 2017 (base year of market data), 2025 (forecast) Products covered:
- Low power lasers (less than 1kW of average power; including lasers > 1kW used for semiconductor and flat panel display processing)
- Laser materials processing systems, based on low power lasers, for the applications below
- Bulk solid state lasers, fiber lasers, excimer lasers, CO2 lasers; with breakout by laser specs (cw, long pulse, Q-switched, ultrashort pulsed; average power; other parameters where appropriate) for each laser type
Application areas covered:
- Manufacturing of semiconductors, flat panel displays, solar cells, printed circuit boars, hybrid circuits; with breakout of single applications for each application area
- Marking, coding, desktop marking/engraving/cutting
- Precision cutting, spot and seam welding, drilling, generative / build-up laser processes, plastics welding, soldering, packaging industry applications, cleaning, etc.
Market data provided:
- Global market by value, by units
- Laser system markets by application area and application
- Laser source markets by application area, application, laser type, and laser specs
- End user markets by geography
- Market shares by type of laser
Please see also Laser Materials Processing – Market Data.