Micro Low Power Laser Materials Processing
- Low power lasers (average power of less than one kilowatt) account for more than half of the industrial laser market.
- Laser systems (machines) equipped with low power lasers account for more than half of the systems market.
- Microelectronics processing: semiconductors, flat panel displays, printed circuit boards, solar cells, fiber optic devices, etc.
- Other low power laser materials processing: marking, precision cutting, precision welding, additive manufacturing, non-metal cutting, plastics welding, cleaning, soldering, etc.
- Report published November 2020
- Number of pages: 214
The Optech Consulting market report MICRO AND LOW POWER LASER MATERIALS PROCESSING covers lasers with an average power of 1kW and below, as well as the laser systems using these lasers.
The data base for the report was finalized in November 2020. Market data for the year 2020 was adjusted to match information available on the first three quarters of the year and fourther quarter guidance.
Years covered: for all products 2020 (base year of market data), 2025 (forecast)
- 2020 (base year) – market size in units and USD million provided for all products
- 2025 (forecast) – market size in units and USD million provided for all products
- historic market data (2019, 2018, 2017, 2015) provided where data relevant for forecast
- Low power lasers (less than 1kW of average power; including lasers > 1kW used for semiconductor and flat panel display processing)
- Laser materials processing systems, based on low power lasers, for the applications below
- Bulk solid state lasers, fiber lasers, excimer lasers, CO2 lasers; with breakout by laser specs (cw, long pulse, Q-switched, ultrashort pulsed; average power; other parameters where appropriate) for each laser type
Application areas covered:
- Manufacturing of semiconductors, flat panel displays, solar cells, printed circuit boars, hybrid circuits; with breakout of single applications for each application area
- Marking, coding, desktop marking/engraving/cutting
- Precision cutting, spot and seam welding, drilling, generative / build-up laser processes, plastics welding, soldering, packaging industry applications, cleaning, etc.
Market data provided:
- Global market by value, by units
- Laser system markets by application area and application
- Laser source markets by application area, application, laser type, and laser specs
- End user markets by geography
- Market shares by type of laser
Please see also Laser Materials Processing – Market Data.